Data Checker was implemented on October 1, 2020. It integrates with the MLS, public record service and membership system to automatically check the accuracy of data, ensuring the quality of the MLS.
Data Checker sends out several types of notices. You may receive one of the following notices:
- 1st Notice: Please Review Your Listing for Compliance – this type of notice is telling you that a data field has been flagged as incorrect. The notice gives you the MLS number, address, and the name of the violation (i.e. Incorrect address, Incorrect Parcel ID, Dual entry, etc.). Please review your listing and correct the information within the grace period (2 business days as per the MLS Rules & Regulations). If you do not agree there is an error, please contact us immediately.
- Fine Notice: Review your MLS Listing for Compliance – this is reminding you that you already received a warning (1st Notice) and did not correct the error or contact us. Therefore, a fine has been assessed as per Appendix A of the MLS Rules & Regulations.
- Courtesy Notice: Please Review Your MLS Listing for Compliance -this is a courtesy; NO FINE is being assessed; you are asked to simply review the information flagged by Data Checker. If you agree that it is incorrect, please correct it. If you don’t agree, please contact us.
- Immediate Fine Assessment: Review Your MLS Listing for Compliance (Correctable error) – a fine is being assessed because an MLS rule was broken (i.e. no disclosures, no photo, etc.). The MLS Rule will be noted. The information must still be corrected within 2 business days or you may receive an additional fine.
- Immediate Fine Notice (not Correctable) – a fine is being assessed because an MLS rule was broken but you are unable to correct it (i.e. Late listings, late status updates, etc.).
- Subsequent Fine: Review your MLS Listing for Compliance – this is reminding you that you already received a warning (1st Notice) and a Fine was assessed and you still did not correct the error or contact us within the grace period. Therefore, another fine has been assessed as per Appendix A of the MLS Rules & Regulations.
- Notice: Fine Waived – You have been assessed a fine but have requested it be waived due to your explanation of the circumstances leading to this violation and your account history. If you feel the fine was assessed unfairly, please contact us. We are willing to listen!
Members are asked to read the notice carefully and feel free to contact the EBOR Office at 618-364-0046 if they do not understand or agree with the finding.